Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Minnesota

On a boat that floats
that floats through the air
I'm flying to Minnesota.

I spin the propellers
on top and in back.
Its sails are my wings.
On a starboard tack,
I'm flying to Minnesota

First skip on the river,
the great Mississippi,
I'll pop o'er the falls
in Park Minnehaha,
Nokomis, and Harriet
to Lake Calhoun,
Around me spring,
some weeks before June,
yes I'm flying to Minnesota.

While Fall is amazing
if you've never been,
the Spring is enchanting.
The ice is all melting.
The humans are blooming,
along with the crocus,
I'm flying to Minnesota

My loved ones all will be waiting
we'll dine and enjoy a show.
A play, or a concert,
a dance or a game.
They live in my heart,
far too many to name.
Yes, I'm flying to Minnesota.



No comments:

Post a Comment